Monday, March 10, 2008

Our car is dead

Well, it had to happen sometime. Our '91 Honda Prelude is dead. The timing chain has broken and bent a valve in the engine and is no longer cost effective to fix. What should we do? Well, we would love to buy the Prius, but since a car payment is not in our budget or our ideals, we will have to find a new/old car. We will sell this one for parts, to ensure most of it is recycled and salvaged. But in looking for a new/old car, we'd like to find one we could use biodiesel fuel with. Does anyone out there do this? We are just starting to research this option, any suggestions?

4 comments:

Tough mama said...

How in the heck did you fit a family of 6 in that?? Inquiring minds want to know?

Mama said...

Hahaha! We have a minivan too ofcourse! This was my husband's car. However, since we live in a super small town, he works about 30 miles away, so back and forth in the minivan is killing us on gas.
Sara

Jinxy and Me said...

Sorry I don't have any suggestions about the biodiesel.....but I just had to comment that I was so surprised when I saw your car picture. That is the exact same car my best friend bought right after college and hers recently "bit the bullet" too. I guess 15+ years is a decent run...

leah k said...

Just found your blog. I have a similar blog! Anyway we have an old mercedes we run on biodiesel. Of course, it is old so it breaks down in weird ways a lot. I would rather have a jetta or something peppier and newer, still it has a lot of character. We call her "the blue rumbler". Good luck!